Our clients have been busy putting together a collection of their stories for SmartMove.
It's a really inspirational read, and makes you realise there are many circumstances that can lead to people becoming homeless, it really can happen to anyone.
The short book it available to purchase for a recommended minimum donation of £2, which helps to cover the printing cost.
Anything over and above that goes towards helping the homeless and vulnerably housed across Calderdale.
Thanks in advance for you support.
If you would like to purchase a copy of 'Our Stories', please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01422 361515
Donations help make a substantial difference to the lives of our clients.
A donation of £3.50 would provide a cleaning pack for a new home.
A donation of £8 would provide a duvet.
A donation of £1.50 would provide a pillow.
Donations enable clients access to:
voucher schemes (e.g. swimming, cinema, fruit & vegetables, food parcels) and individual activities with volunteers.
Sports and social activities (e.g. walks, badminton),
Getting out and about in Calderdale and West Yorkshire through the provision of Day Rovers and local information on interesting days out to combat isolation, particularly in rural areas.
Enables those with access to children to participate in family days out to Eureka, the Cinema and Pantomime.
- Healthy eating through a cookbook library based in the SmartMove office and healthy eating packs given to clients when they first move into their new home.
- Personal hygiene and safe sex through the provision of toiletries, condoms and information
- The use of Passport to Leisure through information and covering the cost of the passport for 12 months.
SmartMove provides practical support to clients to enable them to sustain their tenancies and help make their accommodation into a home. This prevents the cycle of homelessness. Donations allow SmartMove to:
- Cover the delivery costs of furniture from other agencies.
- Provides bedding, curtains and basic household goods from a store of new and second hand goods.
- tackles fuel poverty and promotes energy efficiency through information and practical measures (e.g. low energy heaters, energy efficient light bulbs).
SmartMove would not be possible without many kind and generous donations.
If you require you can download and use these Gift Aid forms for any donations or events.
There is a single donation form and a group one for sponsorships, etc.