This document explains how we, Calderdale SmartMove use personal data about individuals.
Whose data do we collect?
We hold data on those who have been referred to Calderdale SmartMove for assistance as well as those who have self-referred. We also hold data on those who have given, or might give, financial or other support to Calderdale SmartMove or its clients.
How do we obtain your data?
The majority of the information we hold about you has been provided directly to us by you. In some cases, we may collect data from someone else. Examples include where information is provided by a partner organisation on a clients housing situation.
Other examples include where existing partners or supporters feel you may be interested in supporting our work and suggest your name to us, or data collected via a service provider like LocalGiving or BT Donate.
We also collect data from publicly available sources. Examples include information gathered from social media like LinkedIn or Twitter. We may also use publicly available directories and similar information such as Royal Mail’s National Change of Address database and Companies House.
What do we do with your data and why?
Our core purposes of our data processing are to:
- assess your needs for support
- deliver one or more support services to you
Supporters, partners and volunteers
Our core purposes of our data processing are to:
- build financial and volunteer support for Calderdale SmartMove through various fundraising and marketing activities
- send communications to you about Calderdale SmartMoves activities
- administer donations and grants
- administer volunteering opportunities
- promote the aims and objectives of Calderdale SmartMove through other activities
We may use data obtained other than from you to ensure that your contact details are up to date, to plan our fundraising and marketing activities and to ensure due diligence is carried out to safeguard the assets and reputation of the Calderdale SmartMove, and to work with partner organisations to ensure that appropriate support is provided.
Protecting your data
We keep your data secure with appropriate security mechanisms in place.
In principle we do not share your data with anyone else or any other organisation unless it is necessary for the purpose for which you have given us the data. Examples include:
- We may provide information to partner organisations to build a complete picture of the support required or refer you to partner services that cannot be administered by Calderdale SmartMove
- We will provide information to HMRC on Gift Aided donations since we have a legal responsibility to provide this information
- We will share information with employees and volunteers where it is appropriate to do so to provide support services to you
- We may pass data to other organisations, known as data processors, to provide specific services to us. An example would be providing data to a marketing agency to send an email newsletter. A contract is always in place with the Data Processor, and they are not allowed to do anything with your data other than that which we have requested.
Some of our suppliers run their operations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as companies based in the UK, we will take steps to ensure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal data to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside of the EEA.
The law requires us to tell you the basis on which we process your data.
- Our primary reason for holding data is to fulfil a contract or agreement between Calderdale SmartMove and you for support services. If a contract or agreement is in place then we will process your data based on that contract or agreement.
- Some activities require your consent. For example sharing your data with partner support organisations. If the law requires your consent to process data in a certain way then we will obtain it before carrying out that activity.
- In all other cases the law allows us to process your data if it is in our legitimate interest to do so, but only so long as we need to and your “interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding”. Practically speaking this means we will not cause you harm by processing your data, the processing will not be overly intrusive and that we will only do so in a way that is described in this privacy notice.
We will keep data for as long as it is needed to complete the task for which it was collected. Data will be removed or destroyed in accordance with our data retention policy when we no longer need it.
The law requires us to tell you that you have a variety of rights about the way we process your data. These are as follows:
- Where our use of your data requires consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Where we rely on our legitimate interest to process your data, you may ask us to stop doing so.
- You may request a copy of the data we hold about you.
- You may change or stop the way in which we communicate with you or process data about you, and if it is not required for the purposes you provided it, then we will do so. Activities such as processing a Gift Aid donation may mean we cannot entirely stop processing your data. We will always endeavour to comply with such a request, however;
- If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have processed your data then you can complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
|Type of cookie||Function and further information|
|Google analytics||This is common performance cookie that many websites use. It allows us to collect anonymous information about how you and other users use our website and helps us to improve the website.|
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, about the way in which we process your data, or if you wish to change the way we use your data, including how we communicate with you, then please contact us:
Stuart Rumney – CEO, Calderdale SmartMove, 15 Harrison Road, Halifax, HX1 2AF
T: 01422 361515