If you volunteer to work with SmartMove you will play a crucial role, adding enormous value to the services we are able to provide. Volunteer representation is encouraged at every level of the organisation.
Who Volunteers for SmartMove?
Our volunteers come from many walks of life:
Health workers, Waiters, Students, Job Seekers, Drivers, Sports Centre Workers, People who have been homeless, Retired people, ex Teachers and many more.
You will complete a 12-hour training programme. We will ask you for two references and a Criminal Record Check (this is because we work with vulnerable adults). Following on from the Training you will get the opportunity to see how we run the service, our office and have the chance to shadow workers in their day to day work.
What will I be doing?
A wide range of volunteering opportunities are available.
- Meeting and greeting clients during the office opening hours
- Organising the storerooms, starter packs and library
- Administrative tasks using the computer system and office equipment
- Arranging our Christmas activities
- Updating computer Data Bases
- Assisting with fundraising activities
- Helping to collect and deliver furniture to clients
- Maintenance and upkeep of our allotment
- Support of our teacher in our Learning Centre
- Working with private land lords
Working Directly with Clients
- Participating in sporting, cultural or social activities.
- Listening to clients and responding to their individual needs.
- Providing practical support enabling clients to manage their tenancies successfully
‘The appreciation given by SmartMove staff make a volunteer feel valued and supported.'
To find out more contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator by emailing email@example.com or by telephone on 01422 361515