If you'd like to volunteer with SmartMove, you will play such an important role, adding huge value to the services we are able to give to our clients. Our volunteers are priceless to us and we simply wouldn't be able to offer the same level of support without them. Volunteers are encouraged to work with us at every level of the organisation.
Who Volunteers for SmartMove?
Our volunteers come from many different walks of life, from health workers to job seekers, students to former teachers, we have a very mixed bunch of people and that's just the way we like it!
We will fully support you in your volunteering with us and provide any training you might need. We will ask you for two references and a Criminal Record Bureau check (because we work with vulnerable adults). Following on from the training and successful reference checks you will come and see how we run the service, our office and have the chance to shadow workers in their day to day work to help you decide where your skills and interests would be best used.
What will I be doing?
A wide range of volunteering opportunities are available.
- Organising the store rooms, starter packs and library.
- Administrative tasks.
- Assisting with our Christmas activities.
- Updating computer databases.
- Assisting with fundraising activities and events.
- Helping to collect and deliver furniture to clients.
- Maintenance and upkeep of our allotment.
- Support of our teacher in our Learning Centre.
- Participating in sporting, cultural or social activities.
- Listening to clients and responding to their individual needs.
- Providing practical support enabling clients to manage their tenancies successfully.